For youth and alternative education services
What we offer
Experimental mixed and multimedia workshops for groups off up to 20, run by professional, DBS checked practising artists with a breadth of experience working with young people as tutors and facilitators. We promote the fun and freedom of making art independently and with each other:
- half day experimental making £150 per group (max 20)*
- whole day experimental making £250 per group (max 20)*
- residential weekend (please enquire) *Additional materials cost of approx. £35 depending on size of group and length of session
‘Increased confidence and social skills, freedom to express, unjudged, safe and supportive, inspirational and fun.’
Who/ what for
Organisations, institutions or programmes working with 12-25 year olds:
- children’s services
- GPs and mental health services
- alternative school provision for school refusers
- youth offending/ reoffending prevention programmes
Young people as individuals who are:
- experiencing complex social and emotional needs which make them more vulnerable
- experiencing mental health issues
- enthusiastic to experience arts engagement in a new environment outside of school
What’s the problem?
One in four of our country’s 12-25 year olds suffer from anxiety and/or depression. We have a generation of increasingly isolated, uninspired and disempowered young people without purpose. Add to this political instability and the fact that the health and welfare services, education and the arts have been seriously compromised by financial cuts and the problems confronting our young people become stark.
Art is a great leveller. It helps to connect people with themselves, each other and the world around them. Arts Lab is a safe, non-judgmental environment, where working alongside professional artists, participants are inspired and helped to raise their aspirations. Young people leave the lab feeling happier, more active and optimistic.